Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm Inspired


My friend's mom made her this wonderful Thanksgiving Countdown calendar. She made it from scratch! Every single stitch. She got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids (which is the image you see above, click on the link to see what her mom made!) And what is even better is my friend made cute little "thankful" activities to go in each day. Like "I am thankful for books. Let's go to the library and check out thanksgiving books" or "I am thankful for cousins. Let's write a letter to our cousins". What a great way to teach our children to be thankful and recognize how blessed we are.

So, I think I am pretty determined to do this too. It might take a whole year to do (I am thinking for next Thanksgiving of course), but I know I want our family to have something like this and how much better would it be to have it made by myself (instead of bought). So, this is another project on my list of many to get done. I am pretty excited, so we will see what I can come up with. Here is a link to my finished Thanksgiving Countdown Calendar!

And if you are looking for another cute project. PBK also has a cute thanksgiving banner. I have to say it looks pretty easy to make. So, maybe when I finish my calendar, I will work on this.

Lastly, if you are looking for a Young Women's lesson this week. I didn't have to teach this sunday, so I didn't prepare a lesson. But I will have one next week.... Self-Mastery.

6 comments:

jamie said...

wow i love it. that's so amazing that she made it (just as amazing as those quiet books that made for all of us!). I love it and I may join you in making one as well.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known about this when I was a young mother. It is very meaningful and clever.

Misty said...

I love love love this but the one thing that I don't do is sew. I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Well, I think now that this is my new project that I am going to take on. To learn to sew and to make this. What an awesome idea!!!

Misty said...

BTW, I'd love to see pictures of your quiet books!

Mollie said...

So adorable! I absolutely love the great projects you post on your blog! I made my girls the cute twirl skirts you posted previously and they turned out amazing.

If by chance you get the entire list of the activities your friend's mom came up with to include in each day of the calendar, please, please please share!

Thanks:o)

rebecca said...

Found your blog through Sugar doodle & this story sounded familiar...Jen's countdown calendar and all. I thought "I know this person!" So, I've had so much fun sleuthing through your amazing blog. I was in the Arlington W. and remember visiting with you in the kitchen at the wreath making party. We didn't know each other well, but I do remember you:)
I just wanted to leave a comment of praise for your blog...thanks for sharing all of your ideas. I'm going to put this on my blogroll on our blog (beantown {dot} menzie {dot} org) so I can spend more time here adding to my list of projects to take on. Thanks for sharing!