Activity Day - General Conference Journals

A few weeks ago for our Activity Day, the girls made General Conference Journals. I figure they were getting old enough to start really listening to General Conference and what better way to motivate them than to have them decorate their own journals so they can write notes as they listen.
Here is a link to show how you can decorate a simple composition book.
And then I saw this link where they used pictures of the apostles as tabs so you could write the notes according to who gave the talk. i thought that was a great idea too.
The girls really loved decorating their journals. We will see this weekend if they actually use them!

9 comments:
I have NEVER seen a conference "packet" that I've actually liked. They are usually those tacky clip art thingys...and well...I don't love that. Anyway, you have succeeded in making me want a conference journal. Of course, because you make darling things. So cute!
Love it! That is fantastic, even for adults. Maybe for my YW next time.
Thanks for sharing.
How fun! Where did you get the photos?
Just wanted to say I love your ideas, I have just been put in again, so its nice to have some fresh ideas, and I just love love your ideas, thanks for sharing, and hope you don't mind me taking a peek. Thanks!
We are going to make these with my girls for activity days. Did you laminate the pictures or how did you stick them to the notebook?
I couldn't go to the link for decorating ideas? Maybe the link was broken? Any ideas?
Thanks for such a wonderful idea! I cannot wait to try the notebook and games with my Activity Day kids!
Hi, I am also having a hard time locating the photos...is there a place to download them with their names already written on the sides? I've tried clicking on the link however the page doesn't load. Thank you SO MUCH for any help you may be able to give :)
I love how creative and thoughtful it is for kids to have personalized General Conference Journals.
Post a Comment