Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ella's 4th Birthday

I think I mentioned before that when I asked Ella what kind of party she wanted for her birthday, she answered "Flamingo!" I wasn't sure what we were going to do, but Flamingos it was. After months of thinking about it, here is what we did for her party.

Here was her cake. It was my first attempt at a double layer cake. I am definitely not a cake person. I am surprised the thing held up to be honest with you. But luckily it did! I used a glittery gel which kept running until I put the cake outside to firm up a bit.

We played lots of games and one of them was Flamingo Toss. The kids loved this game! It is the game they kept going back to whenever we were between activities.

Because it was a flamingo party, we had a one-legged standing contest to see who could stand on their one leg the longest. They really liked this game too.

The big activity was having the kids paint their own ceramic pieces. I have a friend that could get me supplies at cost, which made the activity very doable. I picked out car banks for the boys and Ella wanted heart boxes for the girls. The kids painted their own pieces and had a blast doing it. (I am getting the pieces fired up and will return them to the kids with their thank you cards.)

These are just a few pictures of the kids painting their pieces.



Jake enjoying some birthday cookie.

A few other things: we had a flamingo pinata that the kids tried to destroy, but since we had to do it inside and we didn't use a hard bat, we ended up just throwing the candy. But like the kids cared, they were just excited about flying candy.

Overall, it was a great party. The kids had fun. Ella loved having all her friends in the house and I was happy with how it all turned out. Pictures of all the details are coming soon.

3 comments:

Anj said...

So cute! And I think the cake turned out fabulous-o! The one leg standing contest is brillant! Looking for ward to seeing more!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are fun pics. Anxious for more. I love our grandkids!!!

MOM

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

love this!! i came across your blog while googling ideas for a baby shower i'm putting together. love your blog..so glad i found you!