Our Valentine's Day

A day late, but I wanted to post about our valentine's day. Mostly so it is documented and I will know where to find it next year when I am trying to remember what I did.
Valentine's morning, we had placed a small gift (I had purchased during the holidays for super cheap and thought why not give it to them now) at the table. Along with love notes, Chris and I wrote to the girls. We put them in their mailboxes with a little treat. The girls loved coming down for breakfast and seeing their valentine's day surprise.
The best part was that Hannah was more excited about the love notes than the present. It was the first thing she went for and I loved watching her read her letters to herself and then look up and with a big smile and an "ahhh" give us a hug. I know how much she loves to be loved and these letters definitely made her feel loved. Which made me so happy!
Ella might have cared a bit more about the present than the letters, but come on what 3 year and 352 day old wouldn't.
Later that night, for dinner we had an all heart valentine's dinner. I got the idea here! It was perfect for the age of our kids and especially for my picky eater. We had smoothies, heart shaped pancakes, strawberry syrup, strawberries cut like hearts and crescent-stuffed hearts. I also made Glass Stained Jello Hearts. My picture doesn't look that appealing, but they are fun and yummy.
Since it was Monday night, for Family Home Evening, we cut out hearts and wrote all the reasons why we love each member of the family and stuck them on our window. The kids loved this activity and loved coming up with reasons why we love. Ella loved practicing her writing too. A few of her hearts have her name on them and that is it... but why not? ... we all love Ella! :-)

1 comments:
I keep seeing these mailboxes around and have wanted an excuse to buy one and I think I have one. I love this idea, what a great way for the kids to start off their day. Way to Ange, I'm sure they loved every minute!
Post a Comment