Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our Trip to the UK

We just got back from a "last-minute" trip to the England, Wales and Scotland. We went for 9 days. I know quick huh? We only had so much time between babysitters and days before school started, so we had to sneak it in. We went to England to visit Chris' parents. They are in the MTC presidency in Preston, England. They are there for 23 months and return to the states this December, so we decided it was now of never.

It was a great trip and I wish we could have stayed longer. It just gave me some ideas of what I would do and where I would go the next time we go to the UK. So, many places I want to go back to and really visit. We left the kids (except for Graham, lucky him, he got to go with us) with their Aunt Wendy for part of the time and grandma the rest of the time. It was so wonderful, because I didn't have to worry about the kids at all. They were with people that loved them, so I knew they were in good hands and would be just fine.

We arrived Saturday, August 11th. We were supposed to arrive in the morning, but we missed a flight and had to go through London to Manchester, so we arrived in the evening. Just enough time to eat dinner, unpack and then go to sleep - glorious sleep. I had been up for more than 24 hours (no sleep).

Sunday we stayed at the MTC and got to be a fly on the wall with all the missionaries. It was a great day and I loved being there and seeing the church in action.

Monday, we started our sight-seeing. And here is what we did..


1 comments:

Michelle said...

What a FABULOUS trip! Was it just you 3? What beautiful places you got to go!