Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day



This week was the start of school. Hannah started 1st Grade and Ella started preschool. After six yeas, our lives have all changed. No more lazy mornings, no more having all the kids home, no more easy schedule. We are official. We get up early, everyone is out of the door by 8:45 am and mom is now in the car more than she would like to be.

But back to my girls. Hannah seemed excited for the first day of school. When asked if she was excited, she would tell people she was nervous about making friends, but I am pretty sure she heard me say that once and decided that was the response to have. I think the first day was a bit overwhelming. New classroom, new friends, sitting in desks, more rules than play, no toys, recess with the big kids and lunch in a big cafeteria. Each day seems to get better, but I can tell it is still a new thing that she is still figuring out.

Ella on the other hand, loves school and can't wait to get to her class. It is hard for me to get her attention to say good-bye. Definitely no school-shook there. I worried about putting her in 3 days a week, but after this first week, there is nothing to worry about. She loves it!

As for mom. I miss Hannah! I didn't think I would, but I miss have her around all day. I miss her playing with Ella. I miss her spirit and voice and creativity. This will take some getting used to, but i know in a few weeks, this new life will be normal and just what we do! Here is to a new school year and new changes and new learning and fun!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad they both like school!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, but it all gradually blends together into one normal course. Now you're off to the races for the next several years

MOM