A Great "young" woman I Know!
.png)
I have this cousin who is about the coolest, smartest, most inspiring and wittiest woman I know. Every time we are together (which isn't often enough) we laugh, have insightful conversations, laugh and laugh. Along with her great qualities, she also has one of the cooler jobs (and when I say Jobs, i literally mean plural jobs)! She (let me see if I get this right, Laurel correct me where i am wrong).... she is director (or some up-there title) for Time Out For Woman, she works (or worked) directly with Sheri Dew, she speaks at multiple young women events on a monthly basis and writes books for Deseret Book.
Well, that is why I am writing about here. She is releasing her latest book title "He Love Us and We Love Him....You've Memorized It, Now Live It". She just has a way about her with the young women and she knows how to write and tell stories that touch hearts, inspires change all while being fun, hip and approachable.
This new books is coming out soon and when it does, she has promised me a copy of it and when I get that copy, I will have a little giveaway on my blog to pass that book on to one of you (or should I say a YW you know). I can't wait for it to come out. It really will be worth reading!
Oh, and if you don't win the book, go and buy it anyway! It is only $10 and well worth the money. She is using the money she makes to help pay for all her guest speaking travels to various girls camps, youth conference, etc. She doesn't let people pay for her travel, she pays for it out of the kindness of her heart... Isn't she awesome! But she gets more and more busy each year speaking and the costs are starting to add up! So, if you are looking for a great stocking stuffer for Christmas... this would be a great gift!

8 comments:
I have enjoyed your blog. I found it when I did a search for YW lesson helps. You do the cutest stuff!! Thanks for having a fun contest!
Your blog is so much fun! I love your YW ideas and Activity Day ideas also. I'm always looking for help with my YW calling...would love a copy of the book!
Please let me know when it is available. Thank you!
That does sound like an awesome job. I love Sheri Dew and have always wanted to go to Time Out for Women.
I have a daughter who is almost 11, so this book will be perfect for us. Thanks for posting about it!
Funny, because YOU are a great woman I know!
Thanks for helping spread the word. It means a lot.
If you need anyone who does killer blog designs or logos, let me know. I know a girl... (grin).
xoxo
Laurel is sweet. I met her a while ago at Time out for Women. How fun! I will have to go get myself a copy. That is, if I don't win :).
I met Laurel a few years ago at a TOFW in Boise and at first thought she was the "emcee" for the event and kept thinking "they should totally have her be one of the speakers". (Hadn't looked at the program at that point!) Anyhow, she was a delight to listen to and to talk to. One of the most genuinely nice people...ever. I'm excited to get her book since I'm currently serving in the Stake YW's! And I love your blog, too! My daughter stumbled upon it a couple of years ago and we LOVE all of your fun ideas and handouts, lessons, etc.
I have been led to your blog by one friend and led to Laurel's blog by another and here you are COUSINS!!! It really is a small world!!
Post a Comment