Thursday, August 19, 2010

Getting Ready for School


We start school this coming Monday. My oldest is going into 1st grade and my middle child starts preschool. It is going to be an interesting year for me. So many big changes and now with Hannah going to school with the "big kids", I hope I can handle it.

But to get started, I decided to create some magnets that have a few "school schedules" to help me get started on the right foot this school year. I wanted to make sure i remember who drives what days for our carpool and what to pack each day for lunch. That is the biggest one to remember, so I am not trying to figure it out each morning.

I also made magnets for each of the parents I carpool with, so they too can have a little help the first few weeks.

I decided to made blank versions for you my readers, just in case you wanted to use them. And I figured out, how to add links for you to download them yourselves, without having to email me. So here they are: download the carpool here and the lunch menu here.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You always do the cutest things. Someday I hope to be like you, even a little! And you will do GREAT with a first grader!

ellie g said...

DARLING!!! Seriously. Are you for real? I love these! So simple and AMAZING!

And I just gotta tell you....I thought 1st grade would be rough (had it last year) after the initial shock (about 3 hours) around lunchtime....I realized that it's the greatest invention since sliced bread. LOVE THE ALL DAY SCHOOL! You'll wonder how you ever lived without it. And next summer, you'll wish for it to return...quickly!

maxfamclan said...

I'm in the boat as you, and I'm not sure my house is ready for a 1st grader and 1st birthday (the youngest) all within weeks of each other. But your cute ideas sure help me feel more ready! Thank you!!!

Amy said...

I LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for the downloads - I am going to use them for sure. Do you pack the same thing for lunch each week? I never thought of that but it would make my life easier.

Thanks again!

Lori said...

Thank you for sharing this - I love it! :)